- Which Stridex product is right for me?
- How should I use Stridex products?
- How long does it take for Stridex products to work?
- At what age can I start using Stridex products?
- Where can I buy Stridex products?
Q. Which Stridex product is right for me?
A. Stridex’s unique, alcohol-free acne pads provide deep cleansing and powerful acne-fighting in one convenient package. Stridex pads remove dirt, unclog pores and dissolve oil to clear up and help prevent pimples. They even remove impurities that soaps and face washes leave behind…just look at the pad for proof. They combine an effective dose of proven acne-fighting medication, salicylic acid, with Stridex’s proprietary alcohol-free formula. Alcohol-free Stridex pads are non-drying and gentler on the skin than ordinary alcohol-based formulas to prevent the unnecessary dryness and irritation that can come with the combination of alcohol and salicylic acid. The drying, irritating effects of alcohol on skin are well understood…years ago Stridex determined that alcohol was unnecessary in its pad formulations. Typical acne pads can contain 25-40% alcohol…the resulting redness and irritation can be a bigger nuisance than the problem you are trying to solve. That’s important, because consistent daily use of acne-fighting medication is the key to effective acne control and prevention.
- Stridex Maximum Pads have the highest level of acne-fighting medicine allowed (2% salicylic acid) without a prescription, and are recommended for cases of moderate acne.
- Stridex Essential Pads contain a stronger acne-fighter (1% salicylic acid) than most “Regular” Strength Pads, plus they are the only medicated pads to contain essential vitamins C and E for clear, healthy skin.
- Stridex Sensitive Pads contains skin soothers including aloe to clean your skin gently plus 0.5% salicylic acid to unclog pores and fight breakouts.
- Stridex Spot & T-Zone Acne ClearGel is designed for particularly acne prone areas like the t-zone in order to prevent breakouts and clear up existing blemishes. Adding ClearGel to a daily routine including Stridex pads provides a dual approach in the fight against acne.
Q. How should I use Stridex products?
A. In order to achieve the best results, it is important to follow the directions for the use of Stridex pads and Stridex Spot & T-Zone Acne ClearGel. Consistent daily use of acne-fighting medication is the key to effective acne control and prevention.
Q. How long does it take for Stridex products to work?
A. Although it’s frustrating, it’s a fact that no acne products work immediately. Some people even report that their condition gets worse for a few days after using a new medication, probably due to their skin adjusting to the medication. All acne treatments, including prescription products, must be used consistently over time in order to achieve their maximum results. Salicylic acid, the active ingredient in all Stridex products has long been shown to be highly effective for acne treatment and prevention. It works by promoting the shedding of dead surface skin and by decreasing the thickness and stickiness of skin cells and proteins that can get trapped in the follicle. To see the best results, use the pad to cover the entire affected area with a thin layer one to three times daily.
Q. At what age can I start using Stridex products?
A. Since everyone’s skin is different, it’s impossible to give one “right” answer. Usually, the onset of acne occurs due to the hormonal changes associated with puberty and it is appropriate to begin using Stridex products at any point during this period or after.