Here's some advice straight from our consulting dermatologist, Dr. Charles Zugerman... but you can call him Dr. Z!
- Never touch your face unnecessarily.
- Wash off natural oil which accumulates on your face.
- If you have oily skin, you should use a dandruff or detergent shampoo at least once a week. Do not add grease to your hair and minimize the use of hair spray.
- Look for make-up that is oil-free. Water-based make-up can contain oil. No make-up is really safe for acne, so not wearing make-up is a better choice.
- Always use a sunscreen with at least an SPF of 15 to protect your skin from harmful UV exposure.
- To minimize flare-ups from shaving, use an electric razor or a single-edge blade razor with a good shaving gel.
- Minimize worrying about your acne... stress can contribute to it!